Woman rushed to hospital after setting herself on fire in UK McDonald’s toilet

A woman has been rushed to hospital with “significant injuries” after setting herself ablaze in a McDonald’s restroom in Bradford. West Yorkshire Police were called to the scene at the fast-food outlet on Ingleby Road at around 3.15pm on Monday afternoon.

Officers discovered a woman on fire in the toilet area of the fast food restaurant. The fire was promptly extinguished and the woman was immediately taken to hospital by ambulance, YorkshireLive reports.

A spokesperson for West Yorkshire Police said: “Police are in attendance at the McDonalds restaurant on Ingleby Road, Bradford, after a woman was found with significant injuries.

“A call was received at 3:15pm relating to a concern for safety for a woman at an undisclosed location. Following further enquiries, officers attended at the restaurant where a woman was found on fire in the toilet area.

“The fire was extinguished, and the woman taken to hospital by ambulance. Enquiries are ongoing but at this time there is nothing to suggest anyone else was involved in this incident.”

Source link