Borno: At least 18 killed in northern Nigeria blasts


At least 18 people have been killed and 30 injured in a series of deadly blasts in Nigeria’s northeastern Borno state, officials say.

One of the suspected bombings is reported to have killed six people and injured others at a wedding ceremony on Saturday.

The state’s emergency management agency said the suspected suicide bombers attacked a wedding, funeral and hospital in the town of Gwoza.

It said 18 deaths had been confirmed, a toll that included children, adults and pregnant women.

Some local media have reported a much higher toll – Nigeria’s Vanguard and This Day newspapers said at least 30 had been killed in the blasts.

A curfew has been imposed by the military.

No one has claimed responsibility for the attacks.



Source link